Saturday, February 5, 2011

Children

No, no, no! That is all I heard from miss Kenlea the past few days. Kenlea, lets go bye-bye....NO. Kenlea, eat your supper....NO. Kenlea get down before you fall....NO! Kenlea, stop telling me no....NO! Ah children :) Being a mother is in a way like a marriage. A child is in your life to love and to cherish, in sickness and in health, till death do you part. I love every minute of being a mother and would not trade it for the world! Anyone who knows me, knows that my child is my life! I remember being a child myself and my mother would always say "when you get older you will understand why I try to protect you and make you follow rules". Man was she right. Though I never thought as a young child, into my teenage years, or even once I was expecting my own child, that she would be right....then Kenlea was born. She has made me mature in so many ways and I have learned so much from her. Motherhood is more than a title a woman may have, but it is a true blessing! Even through all the daily struggles of discipline, or the constant cleaning of any little mess Kenlea may make, I truly know that GOD has given me this chance to be what he has planned me to be....a MOTHER! I just hope that I can instill the same lessons in my child that my mother did in me. My mother has helped me become the woman I am today and though I don't hold a candle to the woman my mother is, I know that with all of life's lessons that I have and will encounter, it will only get me one step closer to the woman I long to be. A quote I love that goes along with having children would have to be "Don't measure life by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away". The day Kenlea was born and I saw her beautiful face, really took my breath away and I knew at that moment, my life as I knew it would change forever. With that I end my entry and just want everyone to remember. Life is full of blessings and obstacles, but only one person knows why they occur. Don't second guess them, just welcome them and let them mold you into the person you are destined to be...

1 comment:

  1. Being a mom can be both the most hardest and easiest thing at times but I would never trade it for the world. What you said about not being able to hold a candle to your mother,that is not true, I think the fact that you are able to see what a good mother she was/is and admit it publicly has you joining her ranks as just as great of a mother.
    Hope you don't mind I have added you to my blog list.

    ReplyDelete