Sunday, February 6, 2011

"The Kiss"

As I waited in line to get lunch for my family at Dairy Queen yesterday, I was scanning through radio stations and when it stopped on a channel, I heard something that has stayed on my mind ever since. It stopped on one of the christian stations and there was a preacher talking about marriage and the "kiss". As I listened to him preach about it and how that "kiss" is always the first to go when marriages are on the verge of failure, I looked back into my past when my own marriage failed and then even further back in my past....way back when I was younger. I saw this become truth as a child and again as an adult. As my upcoming wedding approaches, that "kiss" is what I am keeping my focus on. To often marriages fail for the smallest reasons. We become so involved in the negative things going on to remember what made us fall in love in the first place or thinking the grass is greener on the other side. About that, Jimmy Evans says it best when he says "If you think the grass is greener on the other side, It's because you can't see the poop from where you are standing". The first time I heard that I laughed so hard but then realized how true that is! I have seen many people get divorced because they thought that the grass was greener on the other side, and all they fell into was a big pile of poop! Marriage isn't just about never having to worry about being alone or having someone help you with the day to day chores around the house. It is about compromise, love, compassion, and most of all affection. I will end my entry with a promise to myself and to my soon to be husband which is this....No matter how hard things may become, I will NEVER stop giving that "kiss".

No comments:

Post a Comment